Former US President George HW Bush leaves hospital
Houston: Former President George H W Bush has left a Houston hospital where he spent nearly two months recovering from an illness that began with a bronchitis-related cough.
Bush spokesman Jim McGrath says the 88-year-old Bush was released today from Methodist Hospital.
He was admitted November 23 for treatment of complications resulting from bronchitis. He had spent about a week at the hospital earlier that month for the same ailment.
Doctors said the most recent extended treatment was intended to avoid yet another hospital stay.
Antibiotics and steroids were prescribed to treat the cough. Doctors consistently said the illness wasn`t life-threatening but that they wanted to prevent it from worsening to pneumonia.
Bush also spent a week in intensive care in order to knock down a fever.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi