Former US President George HW Bush leaves hospital
Houston: Former President George H W Bush has left a Houston hospital where he spent nearly two months recovering from an illness that began with a bronchitis-related cough.
Bush spokesman Jim McGrath says the 88-year-old Bush was released today from Methodist Hospital.
He was admitted November 23 for treatment of complications resulting from bronchitis. He had spent about a week at the hospital earlier that month for the same ailment.
Doctors said the most recent extended treatment was intended to avoid yet another hospital stay.
Antibiotics and steroids were prescribed to treat the cough. Doctors consistently said the illness wasn`t life-threatening but that they wanted to prevent it from worsening to pneumonia.
Bush also spent a week in intensive care in order to knock down a fever.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?