Former US President George HW Bush leaves hospital
Houston: Former President George H W Bush has left a Houston hospital where he spent nearly two months recovering from an illness that began with a bronchitis-related cough.
Bush spokesman Jim McGrath says the 88-year-old Bush was released today from Methodist Hospital.
He was admitted November 23 for treatment of complications resulting from bronchitis. He had spent about a week at the hospital earlier that month for the same ailment.
Doctors said the most recent extended treatment was intended to avoid yet another hospital stay.
Antibiotics and steroids were prescribed to treat the cough. Doctors consistently said the illness wasn`t life-threatening but that they wanted to prevent it from worsening to pneumonia.
Bush also spent a week in intensive care in order to knock down a fever.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it