Former US Prez Jimmy Carter hospitalised
Washington: Former US President Jimmy
Carter has been hospitalised after being suddenly taken ill on
a flight to the city of Cleveland, a media report said.
The 85-year-old Nobel Peace Prize winner was yesterday
rushed to the Metro Health Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio, where
he has been under observation and resting comfortably, the
`CNN` quoted his spokesperson as saying.
Carter was said to be suffering from stomach pains and
his doctor recommended that he spend the night at the hospital
to rest, the report said.
"He is fully alert and participating in all
decision-making related to his care. The decision to admit him
overnight is purely precautionary," the hospital said about
Carter, who received a phone call from President Barack Obama.
However, the spokesman added Carter was "expected to
resume his book tour this week".
In fact, an ambulance had met the former President`s
flight into Cleveland and immediately rushed him to hospital.
Carter, who served as the 39th President of the US
between 1977 and 1981, was on a promotional book tour for his
recently published memoir White House Diary when he was taken
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users