Forty-five Colombian rebels killed in bombing: Report
Bogota: At least 45 rebels of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) were killed on Saturday in an aerial bombardment in Meta province, the Caracol radio station reported.
The attack came as Colombian forces were hunting down Jorge Briceno, one of the leaders of the leftist rebel organisation.
FARC, who have been fighting the state for more than 45 years, largely finance themselves with proceeds from drug trafficking.
The Marxist rebels have been pushed back by determined action under conservative President Alvaro Uribe, but have so far rejected negotiations and refused to renounce violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan