Forty-five Colombian rebels killed in bombing: Report
Bogota: At least 45 rebels of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) were killed on Saturday in an aerial bombardment in Meta province, the Caracol radio station reported.
The attack came as Colombian forces were hunting down Jorge Briceno, one of the leaders of the leftist rebel organisation.
FARC, who have been fighting the state for more than 45 years, largely finance themselves with proceeds from drug trafficking.
The Marxist rebels have been pushed back by determined action under conservative President Alvaro Uribe, but have so far rejected negotiations and refused to renounce violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida