Forty-five Colombian rebels killed in bombing: Report
Bogota: At least 45 rebels of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) were killed on Saturday in an aerial bombardment in Meta province, the Caracol radio station reported.
The attack came as Colombian forces were hunting down Jorge Briceno, one of the leaders of the leftist rebel organisation.
FARC, who have been fighting the state for more than 45 years, largely finance themselves with proceeds from drug trafficking.
The Marxist rebels have been pushed back by determined action under conservative President Alvaro Uribe, but have so far rejected negotiations and refused to renounce violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016