Four arrested in attack on Bahrain foreign ministry
Manama: Bahrain says four suspects have been arrested after homemade firebombs were hurled at the foreign ministry in a possible escalation of anti-government protests.
The Interior Ministry said on Tuesday there were no injuries or serious damage from the Molotov cocktails. The late Monday attack was a rare attempt to strike government offices in the Gulf state`s more than 2-year-old uprising, led by majority Shiites seeking a greater political voice in the Sunni-ruled kingdom.
In the past, police stations, security vehicles and personnel have been targeted, but government or royal compounds have been largely untouched.
The ministry offered few details of the arrests. Online activists, however, said police stormed areas of the capital, Manama, at dawn.
More than 60 people have been killed in Bahrain`s unrest. Rights groups place the toll higher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!