Four arrested in attack on Bahrain foreign ministry
Manama: Bahrain says four suspects have been arrested after homemade firebombs were hurled at the foreign ministry in a possible escalation of anti-government protests.
The Interior Ministry said on Tuesday there were no injuries or serious damage from the Molotov cocktails. The late Monday attack was a rare attempt to strike government offices in the Gulf state`s more than 2-year-old uprising, led by majority Shiites seeking a greater political voice in the Sunni-ruled kingdom.
In the past, police stations, security vehicles and personnel have been targeted, but government or royal compounds have been largely untouched.
The ministry offered few details of the arrests. Online activists, however, said police stormed areas of the capital, Manama, at dawn.
More than 60 people have been killed in Bahrain`s unrest. Rights groups place the toll higher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet