Four arrested in attack on Bahrain foreign ministry
Manama: Bahrain says four suspects have been arrested after homemade firebombs were hurled at the foreign ministry in a possible escalation of anti-government protests.
The Interior Ministry said on Tuesday there were no injuries or serious damage from the Molotov cocktails. The late Monday attack was a rare attempt to strike government offices in the Gulf state`s more than 2-year-old uprising, led by majority Shiites seeking a greater political voice in the Sunni-ruled kingdom.
In the past, police stations, security vehicles and personnel have been targeted, but government or royal compounds have been largely untouched.
The ministry offered few details of the arrests. Online activists, however, said police stormed areas of the capital, Manama, at dawn.
More than 60 people have been killed in Bahrain`s unrest. Rights groups place the toll higher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!