Four believed dead as plane crashes in west Germany
Berlin: Police say a small jet has crashed near an airfield in western Germany and four people on board are believed to have died.
The plane came down today lunchtime at a landfill site near the city of Trier. City police said in a statement that it appears to have been a Cessna Citation business jet carrying two pilots and two passengers from England to an airfield at Foehren, near the crash site.
The aircraft damaged an electricity pylon as it came down and was ablaze when firefighters arrived at the scene.
There was no immediate word on a possible cause for the crash or on the identity of the people aboard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed