Four candidates will run for presidential post in Kazakhstan
Astana: Four candidates,
including incumbent Head of the state Nursultan Nazarbayev,
passed registration at the Kazakh Central Election Commission
(CEC) and will continue to struggle in the early presidential
elections scheduled for April 3, the CEC said.
"Only four candidates were able to submit to the CEC
more than 91,000 signatures in their support. The candidates
are Nursultan Nazarbayev, Communist Zhambyl Ahmetbekov, and
Leader of the Patriots Party, Senator Gani Kasimov and Tabiyat
Ecological Union leader Mels Eleusizov," CEC secretary Bakhyt
Meldeshev said on Wednesday.
The CEC has refused to register candidates Salim Otea,
Guldan Tokbayev, Serik Sapargali, Zhaksybay Bazilbayev for
their failure to provide the necessary documents.
Candidate Kurmangazy Rakhmetov withdrew his candidacy.
Twenty two people planned to run for the post of the
president, but half of them dropped out during the exam on the
Kazakh language. Of the remaining 11 contenders, only four
were able to provide the CEC more than 91,000 signatures.
Early presidential elections in Kazakhstan will be
held on April 3, 2011.
- West Bengal Assembly elections: 4 bombs found in a polling station
- BCCI constitution is highly incapable of achieving transparency, accountability: Supreme Court
- West Bengal Assembly polls: Political parties go all out to woo enclave voters
- Exercise Red Flag: Can IAF pilots outgun American top guns?
- BSEAP.org SSC Results 2016: BSEAP 10th X Class SSC Andhra Pradesh Board Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared on May 5 on manabadi.co.in