Four dead, churches burned in north Nigeria attack
Maiduguri: Witnesses and authorities say at least four people died in an apparent attack on a northeast Nigeria city that saw churches and businesses burned to the ground.
The attack happened on Saturday night in the city of Geidam in Nigeria`s Yobe state, which sits near the country`s arid border with Niger.
Witnesses say attackers blew up a local police station and attacked a bank, as well as set fire to businesses and at least eight churches.
The attacks come after a November 04 attack in the state capital claimed by the radical Muslim sect known as Boko Haram that killed more than 100 people.
Meanwhile, police blamed the sect for two killings on Sunday morning in neighbouring Borno state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says