Four dead, churches burned in north Nigeria attack
Maiduguri: Witnesses and authorities say at least four people died in an apparent attack on a northeast Nigeria city that saw churches and businesses burned to the ground.
The attack happened on Saturday night in the city of Geidam in Nigeria`s Yobe state, which sits near the country`s arid border with Niger.
Witnesses say attackers blew up a local police station and attacked a bank, as well as set fire to businesses and at least eight churches.
The attacks come after a November 04 attack in the state capital claimed by the radical Muslim sect known as Boko Haram that killed more than 100 people.
Meanwhile, police blamed the sect for two killings on Sunday morning in neighbouring Borno state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Punjab PMET results 2016 (bfuhs.ac.in) declared; Lovish Gupta of Faridkot tops PMET
- Twitter selling its NFL ad spots for over $50 million
- Ensure single point contact for black money disclosures: CBDT
- 'Incentives announced for textiles will help create jobs'
- REVEALED: ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi's mansion has swimming pool, private zoo - Know more here