Four dead in shooting spree in northern Italy: Police
Rome: A 74-year-old Italian retiree shot dead two neighbours and then his wife on Sunday before turning the gun on himself, police said. Jealousy appeared to be behind the rampage in the northern city of Genoa.
Carlo Trabona, a retired bricklayer, first went to a coffee bar where he shot one of his neighbours. As the other one ran away, Trabona followed him, shot him and then went back home where he killed his wife, according to a police reconstruction reported by Italian media.
After police surrounded his building, Trabona shot himself, said Alfredo Federici of the Genoa police. The two neighbours, who were brothers, and the shooter died later in hospital, he said.
Federici said an alleged infidelity may have triggered the shooting spree, as Trabona suspected that his 72-year-old wife had been having an affair with one of the neighbours, who were also his longtime friends.
Italian news reports also said the shooter had a history of mental problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam