Four dead in shooting spree in northern Italy: Police
Rome: A 74-year-old Italian retiree shot dead two neighbours and then his wife on Sunday before turning the gun on himself, police said. Jealousy appeared to be behind the rampage in the northern city of Genoa.
Carlo Trabona, a retired bricklayer, first went to a coffee bar where he shot one of his neighbours. As the other one ran away, Trabona followed him, shot him and then went back home where he killed his wife, according to a police reconstruction reported by Italian media.
After police surrounded his building, Trabona shot himself, said Alfredo Federici of the Genoa police. The two neighbours, who were brothers, and the shooter died later in hospital, he said.
Federici said an alleged infidelity may have triggered the shooting spree, as Trabona suspected that his 72-year-old wife had been having an affair with one of the neighbours, who were also his longtime friends.
Italian news reports also said the shooter had a history of mental problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!