Four dead in shooting spree in northern Italy: Police
Rome: A 74-year-old Italian retiree shot dead two neighbours and then his wife on Sunday before turning the gun on himself, police said. Jealousy appeared to be behind the rampage in the northern city of Genoa.
Carlo Trabona, a retired bricklayer, first went to a coffee bar where he shot one of his neighbours. As the other one ran away, Trabona followed him, shot him and then went back home where he killed his wife, according to a police reconstruction reported by Italian media.
After police surrounded his building, Trabona shot himself, said Alfredo Federici of the Genoa police. The two neighbours, who were brothers, and the shooter died later in hospital, he said.
Federici said an alleged infidelity may have triggered the shooting spree, as Trabona suspected that his 72-year-old wife had been having an affair with one of the neighbours, who were also his longtime friends.
Italian news reports also said the shooter had a history of mental problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise