Four dead, one wounded in Bulgaria shooting
Sofia: Police say a Bulgarian retired army officer opened fire on a Roma family who lived next door to him, killing three people and seriously wounding a fourth, before turning the gun on himself.
The 67-year-old entered his neighbours` house in a suburb of the capital, Sofia, late yesterday and opened fire with a handgun, police said today.
A 26-year-old man was killed on the spot, while two women aged 28 and 56 died of their wounds in the hospital. A 22-year-old man was hospitalised with life-threatening injuries.
It was not immediately clear what prompted the fatal attack, but witnesses say there were frequent conflicts between the neighbours.
Police have been deployed in the area to prevent more bloodshed as Roma families have threatened to take revenge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!