Four dead, one wounded in Bulgaria shooting
Sofia: Police say a Bulgarian retired army officer opened fire on a Roma family who lived next door to him, killing three people and seriously wounding a fourth, before turning the gun on himself.
The 67-year-old entered his neighbours` house in a suburb of the capital, Sofia, late yesterday and opened fire with a handgun, police said today.
A 26-year-old man was killed on the spot, while two women aged 28 and 56 died of their wounds in the hospital. A 22-year-old man was hospitalised with life-threatening injuries.
It was not immediately clear what prompted the fatal attack, but witnesses say there were frequent conflicts between the neighbours.
Police have been deployed in the area to prevent more bloodshed as Roma families have threatened to take revenge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion