Four dead, one wounded in Bulgaria shooting
Sofia: Police say a Bulgarian retired army officer opened fire on a Roma family who lived next door to him, killing three people and seriously wounding a fourth, before turning the gun on himself.
The 67-year-old entered his neighbours` house in a suburb of the capital, Sofia, late yesterday and opened fire with a handgun, police said today.
A 26-year-old man was killed on the spot, while two women aged 28 and 56 died of their wounds in the hospital. A 22-year-old man was hospitalised with life-threatening injuries.
It was not immediately clear what prompted the fatal attack, but witnesses say there were frequent conflicts between the neighbours.
Police have been deployed in the area to prevent more bloodshed as Roma families have threatened to take revenge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened