Four detained over failed UK envoy attack in Yemen
Sana`a: Yemen has detained four people in relation to a failed suicide attack on the British ambassador here in April, the Ministry of Defence said.
Authorities are questioning the four over the attack that killed the bomber and wounded three people, a statement posted on the ministry`s website said on Thursday.
"The criminal prosecution dealing with terrorism affairs began interrogating the four suspects in connection with the assassination attempt on the British ambassador, who include a German, Iraqi and two Yemenis," the statement said.
British envoy Timothy Torlot narrowly escaped when a bomb was triggered by a suicide attacker who hurled himself at the ambassador`s convoy near the British embassy compound.
Al Qaeda`s Yemen-based regional wing claimed responsibility for the bombing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Captured: Witness 70 tiger sharks ripping apart a dead whale! - Watch video
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!