Four detained over failed UK envoy attack in Yemen
Sana`a: Yemen has detained four people in relation to a failed suicide attack on the British ambassador here in April, the Ministry of Defence said.
Authorities are questioning the four over the attack that killed the bomber and wounded three people, a statement posted on the ministry`s website said on Thursday.
"The criminal prosecution dealing with terrorism affairs began interrogating the four suspects in connection with the assassination attempt on the British ambassador, who include a German, Iraqi and two Yemenis," the statement said.
British envoy Timothy Torlot narrowly escaped when a bomb was triggered by a suicide attacker who hurled himself at the ambassador`s convoy near the British embassy compound.
Al Qaeda`s Yemen-based regional wing claimed responsibility for the bombing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price