Four detained over failed UK envoy attack in Yemen
Sana`a: Yemen has detained four people in relation to a failed suicide attack on the British ambassador here in April, the Ministry of Defence said.
Authorities are questioning the four over the attack that killed the bomber and wounded three people, a statement posted on the ministry`s website said on Thursday.
"The criminal prosecution dealing with terrorism affairs began interrogating the four suspects in connection with the assassination attempt on the British ambassador, who include a German, Iraqi and two Yemenis," the statement said.
British envoy Timothy Torlot narrowly escaped when a bomb was triggered by a suicide attacker who hurled himself at the ambassador`s convoy near the British embassy compound.
Al Qaeda`s Yemen-based regional wing claimed responsibility for the bombing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog