Four detained over failed UK envoy attack in Yemen
Sana`a: Yemen has detained four people in relation to a failed suicide attack on the British ambassador here in April, the Ministry of Defence said.
Authorities are questioning the four over the attack that killed the bomber and wounded three people, a statement posted on the ministry`s website said on Thursday.
"The criminal prosecution dealing with terrorism affairs began interrogating the four suspects in connection with the assassination attempt on the British ambassador, who include a German, Iraqi and two Yemenis," the statement said.
British envoy Timothy Torlot narrowly escaped when a bomb was triggered by a suicide attacker who hurled himself at the ambassador`s convoy near the British embassy compound.
Al Qaeda`s Yemen-based regional wing claimed responsibility for the bombing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued