Four detained over failed UK envoy attack in Yemen
Sana`a: Yemen has detained four people in relation to a failed suicide attack on the British ambassador here in April, the Ministry of Defence said.
Authorities are questioning the four over the attack that killed the bomber and wounded three people, a statement posted on the ministry`s website said on Thursday.
"The criminal prosecution dealing with terrorism affairs began interrogating the four suspects in connection with the assassination attempt on the British ambassador, who include a German, Iraqi and two Yemenis," the statement said.
British envoy Timothy Torlot narrowly escaped when a bomb was triggered by a suicide attacker who hurled himself at the ambassador`s convoy near the British embassy compound.
Al Qaeda`s Yemen-based regional wing claimed responsibility for the bombing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners