Four die in Venezuelan helicopter crash
Caracas: Four Air Force personnel were killed and another injured on Friday when their helicopter crashed during exercises in the western state of Yaracuy, Venezuela`s Defence Minister said.
The aircraft, a Russian-made MI 17, was at an altitude of about 10 meters when it suddenly plunged to the ground, General Henry Rangel Silva told state television.
An investigation is under way to determine the cause of the crash, he said.
"We deeply regret that once again, in the deployment of the armed forces, these things occur, and we move forward," the general said, stressing that his immediate priority is attending to the victims` families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video