Four die in Venezuelan helicopter crash
Caracas: Four Air Force personnel were killed and another injured on Friday when their helicopter crashed during exercises in the western state of Yaracuy, Venezuela`s Defence Minister said.
The aircraft, a Russian-made MI 17, was at an altitude of about 10 meters when it suddenly plunged to the ground, General Henry Rangel Silva told state television.
An investigation is under way to determine the cause of the crash, he said.
"We deeply regret that once again, in the deployment of the armed forces, these things occur, and we move forward," the general said, stressing that his immediate priority is attending to the victims` families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions