Four die in Venezuelan helicopter crash
Caracas: Four Air Force personnel were killed and another injured on Friday when their helicopter crashed during exercises in the western state of Yaracuy, Venezuela`s Defence Minister said.
The aircraft, a Russian-made MI 17, was at an altitude of about 10 meters when it suddenly plunged to the ground, General Henry Rangel Silva told state television.
An investigation is under way to determine the cause of the crash, he said.
"We deeply regret that once again, in the deployment of the armed forces, these things occur, and we move forward," the general said, stressing that his immediate priority is attending to the victims` families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere