Four die in violence across Iraq, say officials
Baghdad: Iraqi authorities say four people, including two off-duty policemen, have been killed in Iraq where violence has ebbed but insurgent attacks are still frequent.
Police officials say the first attack occurred today morning when gunmen shot and killed the two policemen in a drive-by-shooting near the northern city of Mosul. Another policeman was wounded.
In the oil-rich city of Kirkuk, a civilian driver was killed when his truck hit a roadside bomb.
Another roadside bomb exploded just south of Baghdad, killing a policeman and wounding three others while they were on patrol.
Medics in nearby hospitals confirmed the casualties.
All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!