Four Egyptian troops wounded in Sinai attack
El-Arish: Egyptian security officials say militants fired a rocket-propelled grenade at a security convoy in the Sinai Peninsula, wounding three military officers and a policeman.
The officials say the attack this morning took place along a major road linking northern Sinai`s main city of el-Arish to the Egypt-Gaza border town of Rafah.
The troops were returning from a raid on homes of suspected militants and had arrested two people.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to speak to media.
Earlier this month, militants killed 16 Egyptian soldiers near the Israel-Gaza border.
That attack prompted authorities to take a tougher stance toward the growing militancy in the peninsula. It also led to the dismissal of Egypt`s intelligence chief and the retirement of the longtime defence minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj