Four Egyptian troops wounded in Sinai attack
El-Arish: Egyptian security officials say militants fired a rocket-propelled grenade at a security convoy in the Sinai Peninsula, wounding three military officers and a policeman.
The officials say the attack this morning took place along a major road linking northern Sinai`s main city of el-Arish to the Egypt-Gaza border town of Rafah.
The troops were returning from a raid on homes of suspected militants and had arrested two people.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to speak to media.
Earlier this month, militants killed 16 Egyptian soldiers near the Israel-Gaza border.
That attack prompted authorities to take a tougher stance toward the growing militancy in the peninsula. It also led to the dismissal of Egypt`s intelligence chief and the retirement of the longtime defence minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Mehbooba Mufti meets families affected by Kashmir violence
- Thousands bid emotional farewell as hockey legend Mohammed Shahid laid to rest
- Kudankulam unit 2 physical start-up process begun: Sources
- Derecognise AAP in wake of its activist's suicide: BJP
- All Party meet for inclusive engagement of all stakeholders in J&K