Four Egyptian troops wounded in Sinai attack
El-Arish: Egyptian security officials say militants fired a rocket-propelled grenade at a security convoy in the Sinai Peninsula, wounding three military officers and a policeman.
The officials say the attack this morning took place along a major road linking northern Sinai`s main city of el-Arish to the Egypt-Gaza border town of Rafah.
The troops were returning from a raid on homes of suspected militants and had arrested two people.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to speak to media.
Earlier this month, militants killed 16 Egyptian soldiers near the Israel-Gaza border.
That attack prompted authorities to take a tougher stance toward the growing militancy in the peninsula. It also led to the dismissal of Egypt`s intelligence chief and the retirement of the longtime defence minister.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged