Four held in China for spreading doomsday rumours
Beijing: Four people have been detained in China`s Chongqing city for spreading doomsday rumors, police said Saturday.
Two men who used a loudspeaker to proclaim the end of the world on the city`s streets Sunday received 10 days of administrative detention, while another two who handed out related pamphlets Wednesday received the same penalty, reported Xinhua.
Rumours stating that the world will end Dec 21, 2012 are popular in China, despite having been debunked multiple times. The rumour is related to myths stating that a calendar used by the ancient Maya accurately predicts the end of the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog