Four injured in Chinese Air Force jet crash
Beijing: A Chinese fighter jet crashed into a suburban house in Shantou City of south China`s Guangdong Province on Tuesday, injuring four people on the ground.
The Chinese Ministry of National Defence confirmed that the fighter jet J-7 encountered a mechanical failure when it was carrying out a routine training operation near an airport of Shantou.
The ministry said in a statement to Xinhua news agency that pilot was able to parachute safely to the ground before the crash, which damaged a civilian house and injured four people.
The four civilians were taken to a nearby hospital and received medical treatment, it said.
According to the ministry, the jet, which belongs to the Air Force of the PLA Guangzhou Military Area Command, was climbing just after take-off when the mechanical failure occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption