Four injured in Chinese Air Force jet crash
Beijing: A Chinese fighter jet crashed into a suburban house in Shantou City of south China`s Guangdong Province on Tuesday, injuring four people on the ground.
The Chinese Ministry of National Defence confirmed that the fighter jet J-7 encountered a mechanical failure when it was carrying out a routine training operation near an airport of Shantou.
The ministry said in a statement to Xinhua news agency that pilot was able to parachute safely to the ground before the crash, which damaged a civilian house and injured four people.
The four civilians were taken to a nearby hospital and received medical treatment, it said.
According to the ministry, the jet, which belongs to the Air Force of the PLA Guangzhou Military Area Command, was climbing just after take-off when the mechanical failure occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report