Four injured in Chinese Air Force jet crash
Beijing: A Chinese fighter jet crashed into a suburban house in Shantou City of south China`s Guangdong Province on Tuesday, injuring four people on the ground.
The Chinese Ministry of National Defence confirmed that the fighter jet J-7 encountered a mechanical failure when it was carrying out a routine training operation near an airport of Shantou.
The ministry said in a statement to Xinhua news agency that pilot was able to parachute safely to the ground before the crash, which damaged a civilian house and injured four people.
The four civilians were taken to a nearby hospital and received medical treatment, it said.
According to the ministry, the jet, which belongs to the Air Force of the PLA Guangzhou Military Area Command, was climbing just after take-off when the mechanical failure occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?