Four injured in Chinese Air Force jet crash
Beijing: A Chinese fighter jet crashed into a suburban house in Shantou City of south China`s Guangdong Province on Tuesday, injuring four people on the ground.
The Chinese Ministry of National Defence confirmed that the fighter jet J-7 encountered a mechanical failure when it was carrying out a routine training operation near an airport of Shantou.
The ministry said in a statement to Xinhua news agency that pilot was able to parachute safely to the ground before the crash, which damaged a civilian house and injured four people.
The four civilians were taken to a nearby hospital and received medical treatment, it said.
According to the ministry, the jet, which belongs to the Air Force of the PLA Guangzhou Military Area Command, was climbing just after take-off when the mechanical failure occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'