Four Israeli diplomatic missions closed due to threats
Jerusalem: Israel`s Foreign Ministry says it has temporarily closed diplomatic missions in four countries in response to heightened terror threats against Israeli targets.
The threats appear to be tied to anniversary of the killing of a former Hezbollah commander, Imad Mughniyeh, whose 2008 death in an explosion in Syria has been blamed on Israel. Hezbollah has repeatedly vowed revenge.
Responding to the threats, Israel`s National Security Council warned Israeli and Jewish travellers that they could be targets in Turkey, Egypt, Georgia, Venezuela, Armenia, the Ivory Coast, Mali and Mauritania.
Officials wouldn`t say which diplomatic missions were closed, but said they were among those listed in the travel warning.
The Israeli government issued a similar warning this time last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31