Four killed, 100 injured in China blast
Beijing: Four people were killed and at least 100 injured Tuesday in a massive explosion in southwest China`s Guizhou province, authorities said.
The deafening blast happened around 11.30 a.m. in Fuquan city`s Machangping township, about 100 km from the provincial capital Guiyang, said a spokesperson of Fuquan city committee of the ruling Communist Party of China.
The explosion took place near a ramp on an interprovincial expressway that links Lanzhou in the northwestern Gansu province with the southern-most island province of Hainan, Xinhua quoted the spokesperson as saying.
The explosion damaged several homes.
The spokesperson said the exact cause of the explosion was unclear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Taj Mahal, Vaishno Devi among 10 iconic places to be cleaned!
- Deadlock persists as China leads opposition to India's NSG membership bid
- India slips one spot to 12th rank in millionaire population
- 'Dishoom' team to begin promotions at India's centrepoint
- Cristiano steps up to the rescue of "Criticism Ronaldo" at Euro 2016