Four killed, 14 injured in China explosion
Beijing: At least four people were killed and 14 others injured after an explosion at a building in southern China on Tuesday.
The blast occurred in a roadside storehouse in the Ezhangtan area of Baiyun district of Guangzhou City. The cause of the blast is not known yet.
Rescuers have found the remains of four bodies at the scene while fourteen others were taken to hospital, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Windows of a nearby shopping mall were smashed due to the explosion. Heavy smoke could still be seen coming from the site two hours after the explosion, with fire fighters struggling to put out the blaze.
"I was collecting garbage with others when I heard a bang. I was shocked and felt dizzy," said a female urban cleaning worker, who is now being treated in No.1 People`s Hospital in Guangzhou.
This is the second explosion that has rocked China in as many days.
A huge explosion yesterday in front of a primary school in south China`s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region killed at least 2 persons and injured 44 others, including 26 students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued