Four killed, 14 injured in China explosion
Beijing: At least four people were killed and 14 others injured after an explosion at a building in southern China on Tuesday.
The blast occurred in a roadside storehouse in the Ezhangtan area of Baiyun district of Guangzhou City. The cause of the blast is not known yet.
Rescuers have found the remains of four bodies at the scene while fourteen others were taken to hospital, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Windows of a nearby shopping mall were smashed due to the explosion. Heavy smoke could still be seen coming from the site two hours after the explosion, with fire fighters struggling to put out the blaze.
"I was collecting garbage with others when I heard a bang. I was shocked and felt dizzy," said a female urban cleaning worker, who is now being treated in No.1 People`s Hospital in Guangzhou.
This is the second explosion that has rocked China in as many days.
A huge explosion yesterday in front of a primary school in south China`s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region killed at least 2 persons and injured 44 others, including 26 students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion