Four killed, 14 injured in China explosion
Beijing: At least four people were killed and 14 others injured after an explosion at a building in southern China on Tuesday.
The blast occurred in a roadside storehouse in the Ezhangtan area of Baiyun district of Guangzhou City. The cause of the blast is not known yet.
Rescuers have found the remains of four bodies at the scene while fourteen others were taken to hospital, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Windows of a nearby shopping mall were smashed due to the explosion. Heavy smoke could still be seen coming from the site two hours after the explosion, with fire fighters struggling to put out the blaze.
"I was collecting garbage with others when I heard a bang. I was shocked and felt dizzy," said a female urban cleaning worker, who is now being treated in No.1 People`s Hospital in Guangzhou.
This is the second explosion that has rocked China in as many days.
A huge explosion yesterday in front of a primary school in south China`s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region killed at least 2 persons and injured 44 others, including 26 students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi