Four killed, 20 injured in Iraq
Baghdad: At least four people were killed and 20 others injured Thursday in a car bomb explosion targeting an Iraqi army recruitment centre here, a police source said.
The attack occurred before noon, when a car bomb detonated at a recruitment centre at an army base at the edge of the abandoned Al Muthana airport in Baghdad, the source told Xinhua.
The blast ripped through a crowd of young men, who were gathered at the centre to sign up for the Iraqi army, the source added.
The toll could rise as ambulances and military vehicles evacuated many of the wounded to different hospitals in the capital, according to the source.
According to the UN Assistance Mission for Iraq, a total of 8,868 Iraqis were killed in 2013, including 7,818 civilians and police personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town