Four killed, 20 injured in Iraq
Baghdad: At least four people were killed and 20 others injured Thursday in a car bomb explosion targeting an Iraqi army recruitment centre here, a police source said.
The attack occurred before noon, when a car bomb detonated at a recruitment centre at an army base at the edge of the abandoned Al Muthana airport in Baghdad, the source told Xinhua.
The blast ripped through a crowd of young men, who were gathered at the centre to sign up for the Iraqi army, the source added.
The toll could rise as ambulances and military vehicles evacuated many of the wounded to different hospitals in the capital, according to the source.
According to the UN Assistance Mission for Iraq, a total of 8,868 Iraqis were killed in 2013, including 7,818 civilians and police personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Vehicles near Ice House Police Station set on fire; Tamil Nadu govt to table bill on bull-taming sport at 5 pm
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog