Four killed after small jet from England crashes in Germany
London: Two pilots and two passengers were killed when a jet from England crashed in Germany on Sunday.
The twin-engine business aircraft came down at lunchtime at a rubbish site near the western city of Trier.
The plane appeared to be a Cessna Citation business jet carrying two pilots and two passengers from England to an airfield at Foehren, near the crash site, police said.
A spokesman for Trier-Fohren airfield said the plane was travelling from Shoreham airport in West Sussex and all the deceased were German.
There was no immediate word on a possible cause for the crash. However, local sources suggest it hit a pylon in dense mist.
An investigation has been launched into the possible cause of the crash, authorities said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you