Four killed in Afghan blast
Tirin Kot: Four civilians were killed on Sunday when a roadside bomb struck a vehicle in southern Afghanistan`s Uruzgan province, reported Xinhua.
A civilian vehicle touched off an improvised explosive device (IED) in Chora district at around 7 a.m., causing the deaths, an official spokesman said.
The IED was placed along the road by Taliban rebels, the official said.
Taliban militants, waging an insurgency for more than a decade, use IEDs to launch roadside bomb attacks on security forces but these also inflict casualties on civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!