Four killed in Afghan blast
Tirin Kot: Four civilians were killed on Sunday when a roadside bomb struck a vehicle in southern Afghanistan`s Uruzgan province, reported Xinhua.
A civilian vehicle touched off an improvised explosive device (IED) in Chora district at around 7 a.m., causing the deaths, an official spokesman said.
The IED was placed along the road by Taliban rebels, the official said.
Taliban militants, waging an insurgency for more than a decade, use IEDs to launch roadside bomb attacks on security forces but these also inflict casualties on civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender