Four killed in blast at fireworks store in China
Beijing: Four people were killed and one
seriously injured when an explosion blew apart a fireworks store in a south China city early Tuesday morning.
The blast in the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region led to the collapse of the store ceiling collapsed and trapped five people in the debris.
The explosion happened at around 6 a.m. (local time)
at the store in a two-story building in Anhe township of
Quanzhou County, a spokesman with the public security bureau
in Guilin City said.
Two people were killed at the scene and two others
died in hospital, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted him as
The only survivor is still under emergency treatment,
the spokesman said.
He said the cause of the accident is being probed and
his bureau has sent investigators to Quanzhou.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III