Four killed in China landslide
Beijing: Four persons were killed and 14 others reported missing in three different incidents of landslides in China on Saturday.
One person was killed and 14 others went missing in a landslide in central China`s Hunan province which was hit by heavy rains in the past two days.
In another incident, a landslide buried a senior citizen at a village in Cangwu county, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The third landslide, which was reported at Sifeng in the same county, buried two people.
The landslides in Cangwu county were believed to be caused by downpours induced by Typhoon Utor.
Downpours and floods triggered by the typhoon have already affected nearly five lakh people in seven Chinese cities, according to Guangxi`s civil affairs department.
Economic losses are estimated at 111 million yuan ( USD 18.15 million).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway