Four killed in Egypt road crash
Cairo: At least four people were killed and eight injured in a car accident in Egypt`s Giza governorate Saturday, Xinhua reported.
The accident occurred when two cars collided on a highway in Manial Sheiha district. "The injured people were sent to Hawamdeya and Qasr al-Nil hospitals," a health ministry official said.
Road accidents in Egypt kill about 10,000 people every year, the country`s Transportation Minister Hatem Abdel-Latif said recently.
The lack of highway monitoring system, poor road maintenance and the negligence of traffic rules are behind the high rate of road accidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune