Four killed in flash flood in China
Beijing: Four people were killed and one missing in a flash flood in China`s northwest region, official media reported on Saturday.
The four railway workers were washed away by the flood in Xining, the capital of Qinghai province, following a rainstorm, Xinhua news agency reported.
The rainstorm, which started last night, has also unleashed floods and landslides in several villages, forcing the evacuation of more than 3,500 people.
Rescuers have been sent to repair the road and search for the missing worker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'