Four killed in Karachi clashes
Islamabad: At least four people were killed and four were injured Friday night when unidentified militants fired at one another and hurled hand grenades at police who arrived at the scene in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, police said.
Imran Shaukat, senior superintendent of police, told Xinhua that two groups of people armed with automatic weapons opened indiscriminate fire at each other in Bilal Colony area.
One man was killed at the spot and seven including one policeman were wounded.
The injured were taken to a hospital, where three succumbed to their wounds.
Friday night`s attack brought the death toll in separate incidents of violence in Karachi to 15 during the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why