Four killed in Karachi clashes
Islamabad: At least four people were killed and four were injured Friday night when unidentified militants fired at one another and hurled hand grenades at police who arrived at the scene in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, police said.
Imran Shaukat, senior superintendent of police, told Xinhua that two groups of people armed with automatic weapons opened indiscriminate fire at each other in Bilal Colony area.
One man was killed at the spot and seven including one policeman were wounded.
The injured were taken to a hospital, where three succumbed to their wounds.
Friday night`s attack brought the death toll in separate incidents of violence in Karachi to 15 during the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam