Four killed in Russian chopper crash
Moscow: At least four people have been confirmed dead after a helicopter crashed near an airfield in Russia`s Far East Yakutia region, UTair airlines said Wednesday.
The Eurocopter AS350 helicopter belonged to UTair airlines.
"The AS350 that went down took off from Lensk (town) with two passengers, a pilot and a mechanic on board. After four minutes, contact was lost with the aircraft. A rescue operation is underway. All on board are dead," the company`s press service told RIA Novosti.
"The helicopter took off from Lensk at 12.07 p.m. (local time)...," Russia`s civil aviation authority Rosaviatsia said.
The local emergencies ministry said it had located the wreckage of the single-engine from the air at 4.40 p.m. Moscow time, four kilometres from Lensk Airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!