Four killed in Russian chopper crash
Moscow: At least four people have been confirmed dead after a helicopter crashed near an airfield in Russia`s Far East Yakutia region, UTair airlines said Wednesday.
The Eurocopter AS350 helicopter belonged to UTair airlines.
"The AS350 that went down took off from Lensk (town) with two passengers, a pilot and a mechanic on board. After four minutes, contact was lost with the aircraft. A rescue operation is underway. All on board are dead," the company`s press service told RIA Novosti.
"The helicopter took off from Lensk at 12.07 p.m. (local time)...," Russia`s civil aviation authority Rosaviatsia said.
The local emergencies ministry said it had located the wreckage of the single-engine from the air at 4.40 p.m. Moscow time, four kilometres from Lensk Airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez