Four militants killed in Egypt military strike
Panama City: Authorities in Panama say they have found more explosives aboard a North Korean-flagged ship detained in the Panama Canal for carrying undeclared arms from Cuba.
Anti-drug prosecutor Javier Caraballo on Saturday said that inspectors found a kind of "anti-tank Rocket Propelled Grenade" explosive when they opened one of five wooden boxes on the Chong Chon Gang. He said the other boxes were not opened because of security fears.
The discovery comes just over a week after authorities said explosive-sniffing dogs had found another batch of ammunition for grenade launchers and other unidentified types of munitions.
The ship was seized on July 15 based on intelligence that it may have been carrying drugs.
The manifest said it was carrying 10,000 tons of sugar, but Cuban military equipment was found beneath the sacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players