Four policemen shot dead in Thailand
Bangkok: Four policemen were shot dead Wednesday in the southern province of Thailand, Channel Three reported.
The officers on duty were attacked by a group of insurgents in Thung Yang Daeng district while they were searching for smugglers of diesel and gasoline across Thai-Malaysian border in Pattani, reported Xinhua.
Police suspect the attackers were Muslim militants and are investigating the incident.
More than 5,000 people have been killed and over 9,000 injured in Thailand since separatist violence erupted in January 2004, according to Deep South Watch, which monitors the regional violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry