Four policemen shot dead in Thailand
Bangkok: Four policemen were shot dead Wednesday in the southern province of Thailand, Channel Three reported.
The officers on duty were attacked by a group of insurgents in Thung Yang Daeng district while they were searching for smugglers of diesel and gasoline across Thai-Malaysian border in Pattani, reported Xinhua.
Police suspect the attackers were Muslim militants and are investigating the incident.
More than 5,000 people have been killed and over 9,000 injured in Thailand since separatist violence erupted in January 2004, according to Deep South Watch, which monitors the regional violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Grand Welcome for champions: After Telangana, Andhra Pradesh government felicitates PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand
- Google rolls out Android Nougat, Nexus phones to get it first
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts