Four shot dead at pizza joint in Honduras
Tegucigalpa: Gunmen killed four people at a pizzeria in San Pedro Sula, a city in northern Honduras, the National Police said.
The two gunmen entered the restaurant Saturday, walked to the table where the four young men were eating and opened fire.
Two of the victims were pronounced dead at the scene, while the other two died at a hospital in the second-largest city in Honduras.
The pizzeria is in the Las Palmas district near the San Pedro Sula penitentiary.
The crime wave in Honduras has left an average of 20 people dead a day, according to the Observatory of Violence of the National Autonomous University, which reported that 10,411 violent deaths, of which 7,172 were murders, occurred in the Central American country in 2012.
Honduras had a homicide rate of 85.5 per 100,000 inhabitants last year, with an average of 598 homicides monthly and 20 kilings daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani