Four shot dead at pizza joint in Honduras
Tegucigalpa: Gunmen killed four people at a pizzeria in San Pedro Sula, a city in northern Honduras, the National Police said.
The two gunmen entered the restaurant Saturday, walked to the table where the four young men were eating and opened fire.
Two of the victims were pronounced dead at the scene, while the other two died at a hospital in the second-largest city in Honduras.
The pizzeria is in the Las Palmas district near the San Pedro Sula penitentiary.
The crime wave in Honduras has left an average of 20 people dead a day, according to the Observatory of Violence of the National Autonomous University, which reported that 10,411 violent deaths, of which 7,172 were murders, occurred in the Central American country in 2012.
Honduras had a homicide rate of 85.5 per 100,000 inhabitants last year, with an average of 598 homicides monthly and 20 kilings daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic
- PM Modi reaches out to people of Kashmir Valley, talks of 'unity and compassion', slams those fomenting trouble
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report