Four shot dead at pizza joint in Honduras
Tegucigalpa: Gunmen killed four people at a pizzeria in San Pedro Sula, a city in northern Honduras, the National Police said.
The two gunmen entered the restaurant Saturday, walked to the table where the four young men were eating and opened fire.
Two of the victims were pronounced dead at the scene, while the other two died at a hospital in the second-largest city in Honduras.
The pizzeria is in the Las Palmas district near the San Pedro Sula penitentiary.
The crime wave in Honduras has left an average of 20 people dead a day, according to the Observatory of Violence of the National Autonomous University, which reported that 10,411 violent deaths, of which 7,172 were murders, occurred in the Central American country in 2012.
Honduras had a homicide rate of 85.5 per 100,000 inhabitants last year, with an average of 598 homicides monthly and 20 kilings daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials