Four shot dead in Nigeria bar attack
Abuja: At least four people were killed and seven seriously injured in Nigeria after unidentified gunmen stormed a local bar and opened fire at fun-seekers, Xinhua reported.
The incident occurred late Sunday in Gashish district of Nigeria`s Plateau state, police authorities said early Monday.
State police spokesperson Abuh Emmanuel confirmed the attack, saying the police received the information early Monday and swung into action.
"According to the report we got, the gunmen numbering about five got to the local bar and opened fire on the persons. Owner of the bar was among the injured persons who are now being treated at the state specialist hospital," he said.
The incident was being probed by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested