Four shot dead in Nigeria bar attack
Abuja: At least four people were killed and seven seriously injured in Nigeria after unidentified gunmen stormed a local bar and opened fire at fun-seekers, Xinhua reported.
The incident occurred late Sunday in Gashish district of Nigeria`s Plateau state, police authorities said early Monday.
State police spokesperson Abuh Emmanuel confirmed the attack, saying the police received the information early Monday and swung into action.
"According to the report we got, the gunmen numbering about five got to the local bar and opened fire on the persons. Owner of the bar was among the injured persons who are now being treated at the state specialist hospital," he said.
The incident was being probed by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far