Four shot dead in Nigeria bar attack
Abuja: At least four people were killed and seven seriously injured in Nigeria after unidentified gunmen stormed a local bar and opened fire at fun-seekers, Xinhua reported.
The incident occurred late Sunday in Gashish district of Nigeria`s Plateau state, police authorities said early Monday.
State police spokesperson Abuh Emmanuel confirmed the attack, saying the police received the information early Monday and swung into action.
"According to the report we got, the gunmen numbering about five got to the local bar and opened fire on the persons. Owner of the bar was among the injured persons who are now being treated at the state specialist hospital," he said.
The incident was being probed by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley