Four US Marines killed in Southern California base
Los Angeles: Four Marines were killed Wednesday in an accident at Camp Pendleton in Southern California, US, a press release said.
"A fatal incident occurred at approximately 11 am during a range maintenance operation," Xinhua quoted a senior base official as saying in the press release.
The incident is under investigation, and no other details have been released.
"We offer our heartfelt prayers and condolences to the families of the Marines lost today in this tragic accident. Our first priority is to provide the families with the support they need during this difficult time," Brig Gen John W. Bullard, the camp`s commanding general, said in a statement.
The camp said the identities of the deceased Marines will be released within 24 hours of the notification of their families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes