Four US Marines killed in Southern California base
Los Angeles: Four Marines were killed Wednesday in an accident at Camp Pendleton in Southern California, US, a press release said.
"A fatal incident occurred at approximately 11 am during a range maintenance operation," Xinhua quoted a senior base official as saying in the press release.
The incident is under investigation, and no other details have been released.
"We offer our heartfelt prayers and condolences to the families of the Marines lost today in this tragic accident. Our first priority is to provide the families with the support they need during this difficult time," Brig Gen John W. Bullard, the camp`s commanding general, said in a statement.
The camp said the identities of the deceased Marines will be released within 24 hours of the notification of their families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city