Fox roasted for calling Obama party a Hip-Hop BBQ
Washington: The US television station Fox News’ website has come under fire for making racial remarks in an article about US President Barack Obama`s White House birthday celebration.
The article, posted on TheFoxNation.com, titled ‘Obama’s Hip-Hop BBQ Didn’t Create Jobs,’ criticised his 50th birthday bash because ‘it didn’t create jobs’.
The post drew hundreds of comments from users who found the article inaccurate and racist, the Daily Mail reports.
One commenter criticised the network saying ‘racism is still alive, and Fox Nation is exploiting it’.
Given below the headline were photos of former NBA star Charles Barkley, President Obama, comedian Chris Rock and rap singer Jay-Z.
Celebration’s white partygoers, like actor Tom Hanks, former White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel or Hillary Clinton were not pictured.
Bill Shine, the executive vice president for programming, however, said the ``hip hop BBQ`` reference was taken from Politico.com story that mentioned Obama’s guests dancing to ‘hip hop songs’ in the White House.
The Fox Nation site later removed the offensive remarks.
“We found many of the comments to be offensive and inappropriate and they have been removed,” the paper quoted Shine, as saying.
“We also shut down further comments on this piece,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!