Foxconn plant closed as death toll rose to 3 in China
Beijing: Foxconn, the world`s largest
electronics contractor, has suspended operations in its plant
in southwest China`s Sichuan province on Sunday as the death toll
in the recent explosion rose to three.
One worker, who had been seriously injured, died after
treatment failed, `Xinhua` quoted a spokesman with the
Hongfujin company as saying.
Two people were earlier found dead and 16 others
The operations in the polishing workshop, as well as
other plant sections with similar manufacturing processes,
have been suspended for further investigation and workplace
safety checks, he said.
The blast occurred Friday evening at a workshop in
Hongfujin Precision Electronics (Chengdu) Co Ltd, a subsidiary
of Taiwan-based Foxconn Technology Group, located in the
provincial capital of Chengdu, he said.
As of today, six of the 16 injured workers have been
discharged from a hospital.
An initial investigation indicates that the explosion
could be caused by combustible dust in the polishing workshop.
Investigators ruled out the possibility of deliberate
sabotage, officials said.
Foxconn, the world`s largest electronics contractor,
opened the USD 2 billion Chengdu plant in October last year to
manufacture laptop computers, iPads, and other devices.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler