France: 4 detained suspected of extremist links
Paris: France`s interior minister says police have detained four people in a counter-terrorist operation targeting those suspected of trying to join Islamist extremists abroad.
Manuel Valls said on France`s BFM television today that an operation is under way in the Paris region, linked to the arrest of a French citizen in recent months on the Mali-Niger border. No details were immediately available.
Valls said French authorities are worried about French extremists joining rebels in Syria or the desert region around northern Mali, where Islamist radicals seized power last year and imposed harsh rule on local populations.
France, which fears northern Mali could become haven for international terrorists, launched a military intervention there last month after the extremists starting advancing toward the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das