France: 4 detained suspected of extremist links
Paris: France`s interior minister says police have detained four people in a counter-terrorist operation targeting those suspected of trying to join Islamist extremists abroad.
Manuel Valls said on France`s BFM television today that an operation is under way in the Paris region, linked to the arrest of a French citizen in recent months on the Mali-Niger border. No details were immediately available.
Valls said French authorities are worried about French extremists joining rebels in Syria or the desert region around northern Mali, where Islamist radicals seized power last year and imposed harsh rule on local populations.
France, which fears northern Mali could become haven for international terrorists, launched a military intervention there last month after the extremists starting advancing toward the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday