France arrests soldier for attacking mosque
Paris: A French serviceman has been arrested on charges of having planned an attack on a mosque in Lyon city of France, according to a French daily.
Citing a statement of the interior ministry, Le Parisien Sunday said the 23-year-old soldier, who was arrested from the Lyon Mont Verdu airbase, attacked a mosque with a Molotov cocktail last year, Xinhua reported.
No casualties were reported in the attack.
"The interior minister reiterates his determination to fight against all forms of violence inspired by the most extremist ideologies that affect the values of the republic and whose sole objective is to create tension in the society and propagate a climate of hate," the ministry said.
"No violence will be tolerated," it added.
In a move to crack down on fascist cells "that are against the values of the republic", the government shut down five far-right groups last month.
The government had launched a dissolution process after a young anti-fascist activist, Clement Meric, was killed in June during a fight with the Revolutionary Nationalist Youth (JNR) supporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!