France arrests two Chechen women in `terrorism` probe
Paris: France on Monday arrested two Chechen women as part of a probe into an alleged "terrorist" organisation, investigative sources told AFP.
The women, aged 23 and 30, were arrested in the eastern city of Strasbourg and the western town of La Roche-sur-Yon by officers from the domestic DCRI intelligence service.
One of the women has French citizenship, the other Russian, the source said, adding that they are being held on possible charges of "criminal association with a terrorist group".
The source provided no details of the allegations against them. Under French anti-terrorism laws, suspects can be held for up to four days without charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?