France arrests two Chechen women in `terrorism` probe
Paris: France on Monday arrested two Chechen women as part of a probe into an alleged "terrorist" organisation, investigative sources told AFP.
The women, aged 23 and 30, were arrested in the eastern city of Strasbourg and the western town of La Roche-sur-Yon by officers from the domestic DCRI intelligence service.
One of the women has French citizenship, the other Russian, the source said, adding that they are being held on possible charges of "criminal association with a terrorist group".
The source provided no details of the allegations against them. Under French anti-terrorism laws, suspects can be held for up to four days without charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'