France bans protest over anti-Islam movie
Paris: France on Thursday banned a protest against the screening of an anti-Islam US movie which has triggered outrage across the Muslim world, Xinhua reported.
According to news channel BFMTV, Paris police banned a planned protest outside Paris Mosque Saturday as a precautionary measure after calls circulated on social networks to protest over the movie.
Police, last Sunday, arrested about a hundred participants during a demonstration near the US embassy in Paris.
On Wednesday, Paris said it would temporarily close its embassies and schools in 20 countries Friday after a French magazine published Prophet Mohammad`s cartoons.
France has a five million Muslim population, the largest in Europe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead