France bans protest over anti-Islam movie
Paris: France on Thursday banned a protest against the screening of an anti-Islam US movie which has triggered outrage across the Muslim world, Xinhua reported.
According to news channel BFMTV, Paris police banned a planned protest outside Paris Mosque Saturday as a precautionary measure after calls circulated on social networks to protest over the movie.
Police, last Sunday, arrested about a hundred participants during a demonstration near the US embassy in Paris.
On Wednesday, Paris said it would temporarily close its embassies and schools in 20 countries Friday after a French magazine published Prophet Mohammad`s cartoons.
France has a five million Muslim population, the largest in Europe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list