France bans protest over anti-Islam movie
Paris: France on Thursday banned a protest against the screening of an anti-Islam US movie which has triggered outrage across the Muslim world, Xinhua reported.
According to news channel BFMTV, Paris police banned a planned protest outside Paris Mosque Saturday as a precautionary measure after calls circulated on social networks to protest over the movie.
Police, last Sunday, arrested about a hundred participants during a demonstration near the US embassy in Paris.
On Wednesday, Paris said it would temporarily close its embassies and schools in 20 countries Friday after a French magazine published Prophet Mohammad`s cartoons.
France has a five million Muslim population, the largest in Europe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Assembly elections: AAP to release 'Dalit Manifestos' in Punjab, Gujarat, Goa
- Kolkata teenager's death: Police look for answers
- SP government not following Lohia, women unsafe in UP: Nitish
- Over 3,000 migrants dead in Mediterranean so far in 2016
- North Korea says any further nuclear test depends on US