France bans protest over anti-Islam movie
Paris: France on Thursday banned a protest against the screening of an anti-Islam US movie which has triggered outrage across the Muslim world, Xinhua reported.
According to news channel BFMTV, Paris police banned a planned protest outside Paris Mosque Saturday as a precautionary measure after calls circulated on social networks to protest over the movie.
Police, last Sunday, arrested about a hundred participants during a demonstration near the US embassy in Paris.
On Wednesday, Paris said it would temporarily close its embassies and schools in 20 countries Friday after a French magazine published Prophet Mohammad`s cartoons.
France has a five million Muslim population, the largest in Europe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days