France bans protest over anti-Islam movie
Paris: France on Thursday banned a protest against the screening of an anti-Islam US movie which has triggered outrage across the Muslim world, Xinhua reported.
According to news channel BFMTV, Paris police banned a planned protest outside Paris Mosque Saturday as a precautionary measure after calls circulated on social networks to protest over the movie.
Police, last Sunday, arrested about a hundred participants during a demonstration near the US embassy in Paris.
On Wednesday, Paris said it would temporarily close its embassies and schools in 20 countries Friday after a French magazine published Prophet Mohammad`s cartoons.
France has a five million Muslim population, the largest in Europe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss