France calls for North Korean refrain
Paris: France has appealed to North Korea for avoiding such steps that may escalate the tension after Pyongyang announced having entered a "state of war".
"France is deeply concerned by the situation in the Korean peninsula" and urging North Korea to refrain from "further provocation", Xinhua quoted Philippe Lalliot, French spokesperson for foreign Affairs, as saying Saturday.
It has asked North Korea "to fulfil its international obligations," to solve the issue "within the framework of UN relevant resolutions" and "quickly resume the path of dialogue".
In a statement, Pyongyang Saturday declared having entered a "state of war" with South Korea.
All matters between the two Koreas would be handled according to wartime condition, North Korea said, adding that the long-standing condition of the Korean peninsula of being neither peace nor war was finally over.
The statement, issued jointly by the North Korean government, party and other organisations, warned any military provocation near the land or sea border of the two sides would result "in a full-scale conflict and a nuclear war".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- Arjun Kapoor to have double role in 'Mubaraka'
- WATCH: TERRIFYING! Ten times Brock Lesnar showed no mercy to his WWE opponents
- Why locals in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir are protesting against Nawaz Sharif's PML(N), ISI – Watch video
- Akshay Kumar to start Divya Khosla's next in September
- Woman killed for dowry in Etah; husband, five others booked