France closes embassy in Libya, withdraws staff
Paris: France has closed its embassy in the Libyan capital Tripoli and flown out its ambassador and staff there, the Foreign Ministry said on Saturday.
A French military plane pulled out 122 foreigners from Libya on Saturday, of whom 28 were French, it said. France`s air force evacuated 498 French people earlier in the week, leaving only a few who wished to remain for now in the crisis-hit country.
The Foreign Ministry said the Russian embassy would look after any French people still in Libya and France would do everything to evacuate them later if they wished to leave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note