France closes embassy in Libya, withdraws staff
Paris: France has closed its embassy in the Libyan capital Tripoli and flown out its ambassador and staff there, the Foreign Ministry said on Saturday.
A French military plane pulled out 122 foreigners from Libya on Saturday, of whom 28 were French, it said. France`s air force evacuated 498 French people earlier in the week, leaving only a few who wished to remain for now in the crisis-hit country.
The Foreign Ministry said the Russian embassy would look after any French people still in Libya and France would do everything to evacuate them later if they wished to leave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Philippine Abu Sayyaf kidnapped 5 sailors, Malaysia says
- Read –Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's letter to employees
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: 'Naira' Shivangi Joshi & 'Kartik' Mohsin Khan in love?
- Pakistan needles India again, seeks independent probe into Burhan Wani's 'extra-judicial' killing
- Season's first dengue death reported in Delhi