France confident of finding Air France black boxes
Paris: French aviation investigators say they
are optimistic of finding the black boxes of crashed Air
France Flight 447 when a third phase of research begins in
BEA chief Jean-Paul Troadec said today that an
international team of experts will reduce the search area to
2,500 square metres (26,910 square feet) -- a fifth the size of previous efforts.
That should make it easier to locate the plane debris --
and the flight recorders. The plane crashed June 1, killing
all 228 people on board.
Lead investigator Alain Bouillard said he expects to be
able to read the data stored in the black boxes, despite the
amount of time they have likely rested on the sea floor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read