France counts half of 16 dead in Morocco bombing
Paris: France`s Foreign Ministry has confirmed eight French nationals were among 16 people killed in a terror bombing at a cafe popular with tourists in Morocco.
Ministry spokesman Bernard Valero said on Monday that nine French were also wounded in Thursday`s blast at the Argana cafe overlooking the historic Djemaa el-Fna square in Marrakech.
Morocco`s Interior Ministry has said three Moroccans, a Briton, a Canadian, a Dutch, a Portuguese and a Swiss national also died. Amid the ruin, officials needed several days to identify some of the dead.
The attack has jolted the crucial tourism industry in the relatively peaceful North African country amid upheaval across the Arab world.
No one has claimed responsibility, but Morocco`s interior minister has said the attack bears the hallmarks of al-Qaida.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video