France: Cyber-attacks hit e-G8 web forum
Paris: French President Nicolas Sarkozy`s
"e-G8" summit on the power of the Internet suffered a
technical hiccup when cyber-attacks disrupted the forum`s
wireless connection, organisers said on Wednesday.
Since yesterday "we have been undergoing a series of
attacks and attempted attacks from people outside" the
wireless service providing Internet access to journalists and
delegates, an e-G8 official who asked not to be named said.
The cyber-attacks failed to cut off access but caused
"disruption" of the wifi connection and the forum`s video
streaming in the tent where politicians and the world`s top
media bosses were meeting, the official added.
Sarkozy organised the e-G8 to draw up proposals to put
to the G8 summit of leading powers, opening tomorrow. Media
rights and civil society groups complained that their voices
were not being heard at the e-G8.
Web freedom campaign group La Quadrature du Net
rejected rumours that it was behind the cyber-attacks.
"That shows that some people are ill at ease with our
presence at the e-G8," Jeremie Zimmermann, leader of that
campaign group, which has fiercely criticised the stance of
major delegates on online regulation, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm