France demands Iran cease `destabilising activities`
Paris: France on Monday voiced sharp concern at news that Iran had test fired two long-range missiles and demanded Tehran immediately stop its "deeply destabilising activities."
"We call on Iran to choose the path of cooperation rather than confrontation, by immediately ceasing these deeply destabilising activities," said the Foreign Ministry.
Iran today test-fired its two long-range missiles, the Shahab-3 and the Sejil, which it says could hit targets in Israel, as the Revolutionary Guards staged war games for the second straight day.
The French ministry voiced its "sharp concern" at the announcement.
"These missile tests can only heighten the concerns of countries in the region and of the international community, given that Iran is developing a nuclear programme in parallel and that the existence of a clandestine enrichment site has just been revealed," it said.
Paris urged Iran to respond "without delay to the demands of the international community to reach a negotiated settlement on the nuclear question."
The Iranian exercises coincide with heightened tension with the West after the UN nuclear watchdog revealed on Friday that Tehran was building a second uranium enrichment plant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'