France discussing new Syria resolution with Russia
Paris: France`s foreign minister said on Wednesday it had started negotiating a new UN Security Council resolution on Syria with Russia and wanted to discuss creating "humanitarian corridors" in the country.
"We are renegotiating a resolution at the UN Security Council to persuade the Russians," Alain Juppe told France Info radio. He said the UN General Assembly would vote on a "symbolic" resolution on Thursday that would add to pressure on the Damascus government.
Paris said on Tuesday it had created an emergency fund for aid agencies looking to help the Syrian people and would propose a similar one at an international level next week when countries meet in Tunisia to discuss the escalating crisis.
"The idea of humanitarian corridors that I previously proposed to allow NGOs to reach the zones where there are scandalous massacres should be discussed at the Security Council," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times