France expels Tunisian accused as jihadi recruiter
Paris: France has expelled a 28-year-old Tunisian it accuses of running a jihadi recruitment ring which is sending fighters to Syria.
An Interior Ministry statement today says the unidentified Tunisian was sent back to Tunisia on Thursday "in view of the threat his presence constituted for public security and the safety of the state."
The ministry says the man had "played a central role" in the jihadi recruitment ring in the Grenoble area.
France believes it has more of its young people joining the Syria fighting than any other European nation.
In April the government announced a series of measures aimed at dismantling recruiting networks, including an alert system for parents who fear their children are at risk of taking up jihad.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad