France: Man punches nurse for removing wife`s veil
London: A muslim in France has been jailed after he punched a nurse who tried to remove his wife`s veil during childbirth.
Nassim Mimoune, 24, had already been expelled from the delivery room for branding the midwife a `rapist` as she carried out an intimate examination of his wife, the Daily Mail reported.
But just as he spotted the nurse, through a window, taking off his wife`s burqa while the woman prepared to give birth, the man smashed open the locked door. He hit the woman in the face, demanding she replace the full Islamic veil.
After his wife gave birth to a baby boy, Mimoune was ejected from the hospital building by security guards in Marseille. He was later arrested for assault.
A judge in the southern French port jailed Mimoune for six months while saying: "Your religious values are not superior to the laws of the republic."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview