France: Man punches nurse for removing wife`s veil
London: A muslim in France has been jailed after he punched a nurse who tried to remove his wife`s veil during childbirth.
Nassim Mimoune, 24, had already been expelled from the delivery room for branding the midwife a `rapist` as she carried out an intimate examination of his wife, the Daily Mail reported.
But just as he spotted the nurse, through a window, taking off his wife`s burqa while the woman prepared to give birth, the man smashed open the locked door. He hit the woman in the face, demanding she replace the full Islamic veil.
After his wife gave birth to a baby boy, Mimoune was ejected from the hospital building by security guards in Marseille. He was later arrested for assault.
A judge in the southern French port jailed Mimoune for six months while saying: "Your religious values are not superior to the laws of the republic."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state