France shooting: Police search victim`s house in S London
London: The police conducted a search operation at the house of the victim, Iraqi-born businessman Saad al-Hilli, 50, who was shot dead along with his wife and two others in South London for possible clues.
As per a BBC report, the search was carried out by two French officers along with Surrey Police.
The help of Italian and Swiss authorities has also been sought.
Earlier in the day, the brother of Saad, had denied any dispute over “financial matters” in the family.
The shocking murders took place when three members of a British family and a cyclist were killed at an Alpine beauty spot.
The victim and his dentist wife Iqbal and her mother were shot in the forehead through the car windows as they sat parked in a remote forest lay by. A French cyclist thought to have been a witness was found shot dead nearby.
According to French police, the brother of the victim, Zaid, will be questioned as a witness. The police suspect that family dispute could be one of the motive of the crime and are investigating on these lines as well.
The family was on a caravan holiday near Lake Annecy, France. The couple`s seven-year-old daughter Zeinab managed to escape from the car before being shot in the shoulder. She was in a medically induced coma in a French hospital.
While Zeena, four-year-old sister of Zeinab, survived unhurt as she hid herself in the footwell of their car underneath her mother`s body for eight hours.
Officers believe the family may have been lured to the spot for a planned execution by a hitman.
Police were stunned by the ruthlessness of the attack by a clearly expert gunman who fired "clinical shots to the centre of the forehead".
According to French police sources, the clinical manner of the killings - with a total of 15 shots fired - pointed towards a planned execution.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...