France to ban words ‘mother, father’ from official documents
London: The French government has reportedly planned to ban the usage of the words ‘mother’ and ‘father’ from all official documents under controversial plans to legalise gay marriage.
This means only the word ‘parents’ would be used in identical marriage ceremonies for all heterosexual and same-sex couples.
According to the News Agencies, the draft law states that ``marriage is a union of two people, of different or the same gender``.
It further says “all references to ``mothers and fathers`` in the civil code, which enshrines French law, will be swapped for simply ``parents``.”
The law would also give equal adoption rights to homosexual and heterosexual couples, the paper said.
Meanwhile, the head of the French Catholic Church Cardinal Philippe Barbarin warned followers last week that gay marriage could lead to legalised incest and polygamy in society.
“This could have innumerable consequences. Afterward they will want to create couples with three or four members. And after that, perhaps one day the taboo of incest will fall,” the paper quoted him, as saying.
Leading French Catholics have also published a ``Prayer for France``, which said ‘children should not be subjected to adults`` desires and conflicts, so they can fully benefit from the love of their mother and father.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning