France to shut embassy in Yemen for `several days`
Paris: French President Francois Hollande said on Saturday that France would close its embassy in Yemen over security fears for "several days", after Germany and Britain took the same precaution.
"We are informed directly and indirectly of threats concerning our installations overseas and even our nationals, threats coming from al Qaeda," Hollande said.
"I have already decided to close the French embassy in Yemen because there we have elements suggesting extremely serious threats. ... So this embassy will be closed for several days," Hollande said in a statement.
A Foreign Ministry spokesman had earlier told a news agency the embassy would be shut only tomorrow and the day after.
The United States had issued a worldwide alert yesterday warning of plans by al Qaeda to launch an attack in the Middle East or North Africa in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS